Day to Night Outfit Challenge, and a snafu

Ya'll, I have date night on the brain.  There's so many new restaurants to try and movies to see (*cough cough* IT?  You'll float too......), and only so many kid-free weekend nights to do it!  In honor of my date night daydreams, I decided to play around with an outfit that can go from day to night, all with a few wardrobe changes and essential jewelry choices.

BUT then I forgot to bring my camera to work for the flat-lay I'd planned to photograph on lunch.... so we're relying on similar items on a Polyvore board instead!

{click for outfit details}




I've been super lucky to have a fairly laid-back dress code for my current job, but I do still try and keep my outfits mostly business casual, with a statement lip and printed shoes for a little *oomph!*  I do tend to keep my jewelry fairly understated during the day, and chose a classic, yet-trending, gold hoop, similar to these:
AUrate Hoop Earrings

And for the date night look, I'd be trading out the jeans for something a bit 'flirtier:'
{click for outfit details}
For a slightly dressier date night look, I'd swap out the sensible flats for some dressier boots, and load on the jewelry!  I'm always in love with a statement earring, and also tend to stack on the bracelets and bangles when I'm not at work and don't have my wrists in front of a keyboard!  These AUrate pieces are amazing options, and I would love to add them to my ever-growing jewelry collection:
AUrate Structural Pyramid Earrings

AUrate X-Cuff
AUrate Black Stones Bracelet
If you haven't yet heard of AUrate, I would highly recommend checking them out!  They focus on artisan-made, sustainable gold jewelry.  They also are committed to the highest standards of human rights practices, and every purchase means a child in need receives a donation of a book.  According to their website, "Women shouldn't have to choose between high quality, fair pricing, and doing good."  Which I can wholeheartedly agree with!



What are your favorite "day to night" outfit swaps or jewelry pieces?  Let me know in the comments, I LOVE comments!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!