Wedding Style Guide - The Black Tux

Ladies, let's talk wedding season.  More specifically, am I the only one that gets stressed out by finding something to wear for summer weddings?  There's so many 'rules,' not to mention the fact that fashion rules were meant to be broken, but you still want to fit into some guidelines so you don't show up the bride, but of course you don't want to wear black, or is black now okay....? It's enough to cause a mini-shopping meltdown!

That's why I was excited when The Black Tux gave me the idea for a Wedding Style Guide, I said a very quick "I DO!" (heheh, see what I did there....).  It was even more helpful that they've put together a helpful Wedding Style infographic:




Of course, I think it's even less fair to realize that the guys in our life have it easy here.  You wear dressy clothes.  Suit, tuxedo, or dress shirt and you're done!  But, if your guy is anything like mine, a suit or tux isn't really something you'd find hanging in your closet.  Plus, for such an investment piece, it's not easy to put down the money on an outfit that your jeans/tee/flip-flop loving S.O. will probably only wear a handful of times!

That's why I was so excited to learn about The Black Tux, and their tuxedo and formal wear rentals.  They're fashion forward, reasonably priced, and even offer an at-home try-on option with free shipping!  With their team of stylists to help with picking the perfect fit, and a full wardrobe of suit, tux, shirt, and accessory choices, they definitely take the guess-work out of finding a tux for the slough of summer weddings that come with the season.

For those of us with a little harder job of tracking down an outfit (*cough cough* me and other ladies), it's definitely helpful to have a couple dresses that can do double duty.  Just swap out the shoes, change up the accessories, and add a few layers, and you're dressed and ready for an all-new venue.  Plus, the layers can help with the temperature changes that come with an outdoor versus indoor wedding.  As I don't have any events left on the horizon right now, I opted for a flat-lay of one of my go-to dresses.  The monochromatic florals, print-mixing, and hi-low floaty hem all lend themselves to be perfect for a party.

Look 1 (less formal/outdoor venue):





Outfit Details:
Dress: thrifted, $5
Necklace: Beautiful Lives Boutique, $3
Earrings: Old Navy, $2 (clearance)
Sandals: thrifted, $4
Grand Total: $14

Look 2 (more formal/indoor venue):






Outfit Details:
Dress: thrifted, $5
Blazer: thrifted Oscar De La Renta, $5
Earrings: gifted
Necklace: Premier Designs, free for hosting party
Shoes: thrifted, $5
Grand Total: $15



What are your favorite wedding style tips?  I'd love to hear them, please feel free to share them in the comments!

{This was a collaborative, non-paid post with The Black Tux.  All opinions are my own.}

2 comments:

  1. I love those earrings with the second outfit! Whoever gave them to you must be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!