Fair Trade Friday - Hope Outfitters

Okay, it's time for a personal question: what legacy are you hoping to leave?

That vitally important question can shape the whole trajectory of your life.  That question is what prompted Ryan Welch, co-founder of Hope Outfitters, to step down from an entrepreneur group he was a part of, and start a company that gives back 100% of its' profits to the Kingdom of Christ.  He and his family left a life where the goal was to "build businesses and get rich," and instead decided to follow this most important truth: "The only thing that truly matters in this life is whether or not we love Christ and love others!" (from their "About Us" page.)  Every four months, the volunteer team that runs Hope Outfitters launches a new campaign for an aspect of social justice, and the current one is a cause that is close to my heart: supporting women that have been set free from a life of trafficking in Cambodia.

Thankfully, I married a man that shares the same heart, so when I sent him a link to Hope Outfitters explaining their 'Forever Free' campaign, he did some shopping.  And, I even convinced him to 'model' his purchases for today's post, along with a couple other tiny members of the family.

"Set Free" tee



Hope Anchor Beanie

...no clothing modeled, just cuteness. :)


In my entirely biased opinion, these might be the most handsome gentlemen on the planet, and the hubs did a great job picking out his items.  There's a few items on my wish-list as well, for both myself and our girls, like this tee:

Womens Feathers Flowy Tee
I'm a sucker for a great graphic tee, and the dolman-style sleeves are a great way to dress up a basic jeans-and-a-tee outfit.  I could easily see this being a go-to top in my wardrobe.

HiM Youth Baseball Tee
Big A is currently in Kindergarten, and one of her favorite parts of her week are her P.E. days in school.  She almost always picks more athletic or sporty clothes on those days (as opposed to her always picking out her girliest dresses or skirts on all other days), and she would love this adorable baseball tee!  The graphic is inspired by 1 John 5:20, which says, "We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life." (emphasis addedI can't think of anything more important than reminding her of her Holy identity. (There's also a toddler sized version, that I'm very tempted to get Baby A!)

Daughter of the King Toddler Tee

And of course, I can't forget Little A.  She's both the big and little sister, and currently in the throes of being a "three-nager."  There's never any danger of her fading into the background as a stereotypical middle child, thanks to her larger-than-herself personality!  Most of all, she is loved by our Creator God even more than by her mommy (which is a little hard to imagine!), and this shirt is a great reminder of that.  Plus, it's purple!  She loves her some purple.

(In the interest of disclosure, bear in mind that Hope Outfitters is not technically a Fair Trade company.  BUT, I've included them in my blog's Fair Trade Friday category because of their commitment to social justice and spreading God's love.)

What Hope Outfitters item is your favorite?  What other socially-conscious companies are currently on your wishlist?  Let me know in the comments! 


1 comment:

  1. It's interesting the first question (first sentence) of this post is,"What legacy am I hoping to leave?" After running some important errands for tomorrows raising awareness product party,I thought of my boys.Right away I thought "little legacies".Pouring into them every moment of what truly matters.Love this post!So timely for me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!