OOTD - Black and White, and other musings

I really want to talk about something more than clothes today.  For some reason, my brain has decided that everything important that I'm usually too busy and preoccupied to think about needs to come to the surface right now.  For example: this morning, when woken up by thunderstorms at 4 am, my mind decided to mull over the links between the rape culture that's so prevalent in our world, and especially our country, and how that ties into misogyny, objectification of women, and an article I read about casual sex where one is putting physical wants above that of your partner's needs, along with the human trafficking epidemic.  That's a lot to have swirling around in a noggin in the wee hours of the morning!  Top that off with a conversation with a friend today where we discussed how she has such a hard time believing there's a God when such horrible things are allowed to happen in our world, and my not having any better answer than, "I don't know, even though I believe in a good God, I don't understand that, and struggle with it too.  People can just be evil, and our world is broken."  As amazing as conversations like that are, they leave me exhausted.  I wish I understood why evil exists, but I don't.  I wish I had the answers, energy, and resources that could stop human beings from being sold as a commodity.  I wish for heaven, and for God to restore our world.

Romans 8:20-23New Living Translation (NLT)

"20 Against its will {thanks to Satan's deceiving Adam and Eve (my words)} , all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay. 22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us."
I don't have all the answers today, and won't until either I reach heaven or Christ comes back (whichever happens first!), but even if I can't make everything clear-cut like I want it to be, I can pick out my clothes. At least one thing today is in black and white.



21 Weeks!
Outfit Details:
Shirt: JC Penney, $5 (clearance)
Blue Tank (underneath): Motherhood Maternity, $8
Skirt: maternity, free via clothing swap
Earrings: gifted
Necklace: free via clothing swap
Shoes: Michael Kors, thrifted, $4
Grand Total: $17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!