Dressember - Day One

Well, hey guys!  It's been a while!  I'd explain where I've been, but I didn't really go anywhere... I just got busy with life!  But, I'm back, with a vengeance.  Or at least, a little diversion for this month!  I've decided to participate in a little thing called Dressember.  Basically, I'm going to be wearing a dress every day for the next month, in an effort to help raise awareness and support for women's rights around the world, as well as fighting that modern-day monster of human trafficking.  Since the dress is a symbol of a women's femininity and beauty, it's only fitting that that same garment is used to protect those traits for women around the globe. You can find out more at Dressember's website, and here's a link to my personal fundraising page for International Justice Mission if you wish to support the effort!

Anyways, here's the photos from day 1:

I really am happier than I look here, I promise!



Outfit Details:
Dress: DIY, McCall's pattern #M6551, $6 for fabric
Boots: F21 via Plato's Closet resale, $12
Sweater: via Half of Half, $9
Earrings: $1 Jewelry Store
Bracelet: Tiny Hands International, gifted
Necklace:  from 'Purposed.' (more info on this name in the coming weeks!)

Grand Total: $28

Be sure to be checking back with me throughout this month to see even more dresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!