Thrifted Pinterest - LBD

Today's Thrifted Pinterest is a combination of two very popular pins.  If you're a frequent visitor to the site, or even not as frequent, chances are, you've seen these images:





Simple, right?  Black dress, cognac belt, denim jacket, all of which I had in my closet.  I even have the plastic-rim glasses (though not simply for fashion's sake).  But of course, I didn't want to just copy these looks exactly.  They had to have my own spin on them, because that's just more fun!








Did you catch the shot of my little escape artist in that second to last picture?  Never a quiet moment with this one!

Also, you guys, I succumbed.  To advertising, that is.  I kept seeing ads for the new lipstick, Color Whisper from Maybelline, the one with no oils, harsh ingredients, blah blah blah.  I usually try to tune out the makeup ads, since I'm not convinced a new nail polish or other cosmetic is going to change my life, and all that.  But, I decided to give it a try, and I would actually recommend it!  Usually lipstick will get cakey and dry looking after a few hours on my smackers, no matter how much chapstick I apply beforehand, but this one actually goes on very smoothly and stays fresh looking the whole time it's on.  (I swear, I missed my calling to be in advertising.)  Anyways, just a little heads up for ya if you're in the market for a new lipstick.

Don't forget to come back next week for another Thrifted Pinterest!




Outfit Details:
Dress: Plato's Closet resale, $6
Jacket: had it for over 10 years
Belt: thrifted, $0.40
Necklace: JC Penney, $4 (clearance)
Tights: JC Penney, $6
Booties: Payless, $11 (old)

Grand Total: $37.40

FYI, Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick is available at Wal-Mart for $5.94 

What new cosmetics would you guys recommend?  Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!